So, there are many amazing Skyrim mods, if you want to get some for your PC version of Skyrim, just follow this tutorial.
So there is a way to mod Skyrim with mod organizer, but I am going to show you how to mod Skyrim with Nexus Mod Manager. First, go to http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/modmanager/? and click download for whatever version of Windows you have. then it will ask you to register a account. Click Register a free account, when you get to that page, click register on the right side. A lot of people get confused with this, you don’t have to choose a paid account unless you want to, just don’t select anything, go to the bottom, and click create account. Once you’re done making you’re account, go back to that link at the top of this post, and click download for whatever version of Windows you have, run the installer, and get into the program. Now, pick a mod you want on the Nexus website, and click download (NMM) and now it should ask you what you want to do and click launch application. Now it will launch Nexus Mod Manager. Now once it’s downloaded, double click the folder where its downloaded to in Nexus Mod Manager and double click the mod and now its’ activated! Some mods when you download them, say what other mods you need to run the mod, make sure you have those. As well, most mods need SKSE, which you get from here http://skse.silverlock.org/ click installer, it should download and then just run the installer. Now launch Skyrim, and have some fun!
Shadowplay is one of the best programs to record with on PC. It has compresses files, but just enough to not look bad, but have small files.
- Click the arrow on your task bar and right click the Nvidia logo and click “Open NVIDIA Geforce Experience”
- Click Shadowplay in the top right
- Click mode and click manual
- Click quality and click custom and turn the bit rate all the way up and put your frame rate to what you want it to be and Resolution to what you want it to be, Now click audio and set it to what audio you want it to record.
- Click on the gears below the switch and under overlays if you want one of those overlays click on it and to the right of it there will be a grid and click on where you want the overlay to be, if you don’t want one click off
- To the right of the grid it will say “Allow desktop capture” turn that off unless you are recording a window borderless or a window mode program or game or if you want to record your desktop
- Put microphone always on unless you want to use push to talk which if so you have to set a key for push to talk under keyboard shortcuts
- Under keyboard shortcuts it will say “Toggle manual recording on/off and save” to the left of that there will be a box click it and press the key you want to start and stop recordings with.
- Under recordings you can change the location where your videos save at.
- Now go into your game or game, and click the start key! Once your done click the same key
So first, you have to have a Nvidia graphics card. To know, click the arrow on the very right of your task bar, if you see a Nvidia logo, you have a Nvidia GPU, if you don’t, then your out of luck and I recommend using OBS. So right click that Nvidia logo and click “Open NVIDIA Geforce Experience” Now, you will be in the Nvidia Geforce Experience program. In the top right of the program it will say “Shadowplay” click that, now you will be in the Shadowplay program. Click the switch on the left side of Shadowplay, and let it load. On the right side it will say “Audio” click on that and click the audio you want to record. Click quality and click custom, put the bit rate to the max which is 50, and click “Frame rate” and click 60 or 30 depending on what you want to record and how powerful your PC is and beside the frame rate button click the “Resolution” and click the resolution you want, if you have a bad PC click around the 1280×720 resolution and if you have a good PC click 1920×1080 now go back to the Shadowplay program. Click mode beside shadow time and and put it on manual. Under the switch there is a gear, click that, Now, under keyboard shortcuts there should be a place that says “Toggle manual recording on/off and save” and click the box and press the key to start and stop recording recording. There should be an area saying recording, under that if you want you can change the place where your recordings save. At the very top of that window there should be an area that says overlays, if you want one of those overlays click the one you want and click the position you want on the grid beside it. If you don’t want one click the off button. To the right of that make sure “Allow desktop capture” off unless your playing a windowed or windowed borderless game. Last but not least, under microphone click always on unless you want push to talk which if you do you have to set a key for it under keyboard shortcuts. Now your ready to record. Click your record key when your ready to record
Written by Jaiden